Thread: Problem in transferring contacts from Micromax Q5 to Desktop

Problem in transferring contacts from Micromax Q5 to Desktop

I am having the Micromax Q5 mobile phone which i have purchased one week ago. I want to transfer the contacts stored in this mobile phone to the computer system. But i am having problem in transferring contacts from Micromax Q5 to Desktop. When i am connecting the Mobile with the Computer system using USB Cable i can only see the data transfer mode , webcam and Something like Comp option. But i cannot see to connect the mobile in PC Suite mode.

Re: Problem in transferring contacts from Micromax Q5 to Desktop

You are having the Micromax Q5 mobile phone and you are getting problem in transferring the contacts of the mobile phone to the desktop computer system for taking the backup. However you are not getting the option of connecting this mobile in the PC Suite mode for connecting to the computer system in your mobile phone. So you are not able to transfer the contacts messages and other information of your mobile phone to the computer system.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

For transferring the contacts from the Micromax Q5 mobile phone to your computer system first of all you should install the PC Suite software in your computer system. The PC Suite software is provided with the Mobile phone in the Disc.Insert the PC Suite software disc in the CD/DVD ROM of your computer system and install the software properly in your computer system after that restart your computer system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are not having the Software disc of the Micromax Q5 mobile phone with you then you can also download the PC Suite software for this mobile phone from the official website of the Mocromax for this mobile phone.
    You can download the PC Suite or the Phone Suite software directly from here.
    http://www.micromaxinfo.com/products/q5fb.html

After installing the Phone Suite software for the Micromax Q5 Mobile phone in your desktop computer system you will have to install the USB Cable driver in your computer system so that the phone suite software can detect the Micromax Q5 mobile when you connect to your system according to the operating system that you are using in your computer.. You will get the USB driver in the installation disc or you can download it from here.
    http://www.micromaxinfo.com/products/q5fb.html

Now connect the Micromax Q5 mobile phone to the computer system and start the Phone Suite software of your mobile phone. Select the Com Port option in the mobile when prompted for the connection mode. If the mobile phone is detected by the phone Suite software then transfer the contacts , messages etc. If the mobile is not detected then go to the setting option in the software and select the Comp port option. Scroll down and select another Comp port available. Now the mobile will be connected in the Phone Suite mode.

sad messages lost

Hi,
    thanks to your guidelines, i was able to connect my Q5 to PC.
    But after transferring the messages, they got deleted from my inbox.
    When i disconnected the phone, i was hoping that all the messages will be stored in PC memory, but they seem to be lost.
    Where does the data go when you transfer!!!
    Help plz!!!

Probably the messages or any data that you have transferred must be in the specific folder on your PC, if it is transferred properly. I guess, you might have made mistake somewhere in the process or you have had unplugged the device before the process completed. Now, the only thing that can help you is the backup, if you have.

The cd given by the company can b used as the steps shown below:-

1. insert ur cd
    2. double click "install driver.exe"
    3. thn double click "midisyn.exe" which is in the Q5 phonesuite folder thn
    4. double click "PhoneSuite.exe".. i hope u have already done this bfore... any was wanted to inform u

and now the major part
    5. connect ur phone to the pc with com port not as mass storage or web cam but as com port the last option
    6. 1c the pc suite is opened u can c tht the phone is not connected right???? ok now follow these steps carefully
    6. on the left hand side of the pc suite u can c phonebook messages settings images and so on etc...
    7. now go to the settings, under setings u can c general, dial up and so on
    8. under general select the mobile phone as 320x240 and the com port as com13
    9. now ur done ur phone is connected... and ready to enjoy and the final step
    10. say thanks

and for the procedure to get ur all contacts into ur pc use following steps:-
    1.go tp phonebook
    2.click on options
    3.click on phone book settings
    4.click on the phonbook backup option
    5.now click on phone export option.

now when u will connect the phone as a mass storage device u will see that a folder of name phonbook will b there either in phone memory or in memory card......it will contain all ur contacts

say thanks....he he he he

smile Re: Problem in transferring contacts from Micromax Q5 to Desktop

hi...
    i have done this all thing but last one phone export option. its coming access denied