Thread: iPod Classic got corrupted by iTunes 9

iPod Classic got corrupted by iTunes 9

I have a pc with operating system windows Vista. I recently made the upgradation of iTunes 8 to the iTunes ver 9.0.2. I tried to synchronize my iPod Classic then i got a message from iTunes that my iPod is corrupt and needs to be restored. After getting this messages I uninstalled iTunes 9 from my pc and re-installed iTunes 8, as i don't have any kind of problems using it before. I verified and deleted my iPod and restored it in iTunes. I thought to manage music manually as it was taking times to do it. It was going well till 12gb aster that my ipod started crunching and itunes freezed to transfer the files. After it i was unable to stop the itunes and eject ipod. I don't know what to do.

Re: iPod Classic got corrupted by iTunes 9

I have fund that there is a connection between the ipod and the itunes 9 which leads to the corruption of the ipod. The only thing which is left is that you need to go to the apple care centre and just tell them your problem, they might have a solution for your problem. Our if you have your ipon in warranty period then this is the best thing, just tell the apple people to replace it. If they do the needful then i think your poblem will get sort out easily.

You can try my way as i have suggested in the below steps.

1. You need to uninstall iTunes 9 application.
    2. If you have Itunes 8.2 then install it or if you don't have then download it from the net.
    3. When the itunes ver 8.2 is installed in our pc then start iTunes by pressing options key on your keyboard and do one click on the iTunes icon. A window will appear stating that to create a new library. Create it and give it a random name.
    4. It will start and noe your iPod should connect. Do not choose to transfer any files, or authorisation, however, use the option to update the software of iPod.
    5. After updating the software and restarted remove the ipod.
    6. Perform a normal vista software to update and reinstall iTunes 9.
    7. When you start iTunes 9 for the first time, oprn it by one click on the iTunes icon and pick CHOOSE LIBRARY option. After that open your original library which has all your music, the syncing of the ipod should be normal.
    8. To use the OPTION key which is the only needed part for the first time.

There is the only way by which i was able to get mu ipod work with the itunes 9. The only way which i used is by using cheap cord which i have bought from the ebay site from china. These cords cost only for $1. When i use the cord which was given by the apple, i have to connect it to the ipod slowly and carefully as how it is manually stated. I can’t push it all the way but enough to connect it. It is weird but after trying it worked. Try using different cords instead of apple's.

YOu can try formatting your ipod drive by connecting it to the pc from the windows which appears in the my computer as a removable hardisk. After that try to open itunes, it will automatically configure you ipod again. This method should work with the iTunes which automatically checks for new firmware at every interval of time, so the important thing is your should connect your ipod to the computer with an internet connection. And see if your firmware is old and needs to update then it will automatically ask you update for your ipod. After that try connecting and transferring files to the ipod.