Thread: Configuring Air Video for iPhone

Configuring Air Video for iPhone

Hi, i am using Windows Vista and have bought a new iPhone 3GS last week. As you all might be knowing that iPhone is not compatible with each and every video formats played on Windows Mac, some of my friends had suggested me to install Air Video that can help for the same. Well, to be frank i don't know much about this application and hence need help from you all. Could you guys please make me know some important features and and how to configure Air Video for iPhone ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring Air Video for iPhone

Surely in your movie collection will have a variety of formats that the iPhone does not recognize, to name a few that the AVI, DivX, MKV, among others. Normally in this situation is to convert the videos to your computer, but with Air Video you can save some time, then allows you to upload videos in almost any format directly on your iPhone / iPod Touch. With Air Video you do not need to copy your videos to the device just to watch them.The application can not play DRM-protected videos. This is the restriction set by Apple.

Here is how to configure Air Video for iPhone, just go through these steps:-

• First of all you need to download the Air Video server application to act as Server. There are versions for Windows, and Mac to the Windows version, Apple will also need Bonjour.
    • Once installed, just go to "Shared Folders", and add the folders you want to share. Once done, we see that in the iPhone application is our PC as a server (if you're on the same wifi network)
    • If you want to activate the ability to view videos online, just go to "Remote" and then select the option
    • The program will give us a PIN, we'll have to enter when we want to add the server from the Web, and access worked perfect in testing. They may need to open ports, but in my case it was not necessary, and had immediate access to the videos, even when a WiFi connection rather slow.

You are done.

Air video many interesting features. You can share folders on your hard drive, and iTunes playlists. It supports direct conversion and the conversion offline where every file is converted in advance. Here are some more features:-

1. Automated server discovery on local network using Apple Bonjour.
    2. Possibility to add custom servers by specifying IP address and port directly.
    3. Share disk folders and iTunes playlists
    4. Optional password protection
    5. Add videos to iTunes playlist from iPhone

Air Video is great if you can not live without your favorite movies and see as an extra, has a feature to watch videos through the internet, but is experimental. Remember that remote access needs an NAT-PMP or UPnP compliant router. If your router does not support these protocol you will have to configure the port forwarding yourself - 45,631 forward the port from your router to the computer running Air Video Server. If you want to watch your videos on 3G it is also necessary to turn off WiFi Video Air Check in Air Video Settings.

Luckily, one of the great features of Air is the Live Video Conversion, which has the ability to transmit and convert video on the fly. The program is great, as you can see, but only if they meet the needs. That is, have a relatively fast PC (for conversion in real time), have it installed on a PC you know, be on most of the day. Air Video was an application that really was waiting on the iPhone, a combination of server / player let me view all I have in my PC directly from the iPhone.