Thread: Macrium Reflect Boot Disk issue

Macrium Reflect Boot Disk issue

Hello everyone i have two system installed at my home running with windows 7. I would like to back up both these computer. Can you tell me whether i need a separate boot disk for each system or can i use a single Macrium Reflect Boot Disk on both the system. please help me to solve this matter as soon as possible.

Re: Macrium Reflect Boot Disk issue

As far as i know you will require two different boot disk in order to backup two different system and since it is not possible to backup two different system using the same Macrium Reflect Boot Disk device. Also it is better to keep separate boot disks for different operating systems. Hope you will fix this issue.

You will require only a single partition that contains the macrium reflect software. The backups of different paritition or different system can be created using this software. The Macrium Reflect Boot Disk will also help you to create master boot records etc. of your partition. Try to use seperate disk for seperate systems.

I don't think that you can use a single disk boot disk for creating the backups of two different systems. Since both the system have different system files also these system files can get mess up with each other so i would request you not to use the same boot disk for backup since it will not help you.

The Macrium Reflect Boot Disk issue will not allow you to make backup of two different partition on a single boot disk installed with the macrium reflect boot disk. Although the system may be installed with the same operating system but there is a chance of messing the registry files. you will have to use two macrium reflect disk