Thread: Nokia N97 gives "system error" after software update

Nokia N97 gives "system error" after software update

Hello friends,
    I am new to this forum. I have Nokia N97 mobile phone which is 6 months old. Last night I have updated my N97 software to the latest one and after that the problem started. After completing installation of new update, my mobile gives "system error". After that I unable to access clock, the calender and other application. I don't know why Nokia N97 gives "system error" after software update. Please help me.
    Last edited by Madaleno; 11-02-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Re: Nokia N97 gives "system error" after software update

You have to hard reset your mobile to fix this problem. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to fix this problem by performing this process. If you don't know how to perform Hard reset then use following steps.
    First connect your mobile to computer and take backup -> now turn off your mobile -> Now press Caps shift, Space bar, Delete button and On button simultaneously until your mobile switch on.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems that there is problem in your mobile's new software. It may get corrupted or get damaged while downloading and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to re-install new firmware in your mobile to fix this problem. Just download new firmware from computer and then using Nokia PC suite try to install it in your mobile.

Have you restart your mobile after installing new firmware? If not then you may likely get such type of error message. It is recommended that after installing new firmware you have to restart your mobile for proper completion. In this case again re-install new firmware in your mobile and then after installation restart your mobile. This time you will not get any problem.

I also had the same problem. First I think that It is software problem so that's why I reset my mobile, I restore my mobile but none of these method works then one of my fried said me it is hardware problem. Then I repair my mobile and after that my mobile is working fine now. I think you also repair your mobile from Nokia service center to fix this problem.