Thread: Unable to play DVD in Acer Aspire laptop after installing Windows 7

Unable to play DVD in Acer Aspire laptop after installing Windows 7

Initially my acer aspire laptop was installed with windows vista and my laptop was running smoothly with windows vista. Recently i upgraded my laptop with the windows 7 ultimate but soon it seemed troubling me my dvd writer stopped playing dvd after installing windows 7 in acer aspire laptop. Why this has happened i don't know but i am very much certain that it has something to do with windows 7.

Re: Unable to play DVD in Acer Aspire laptop after installing Windows 7

You have not mentioned whether you have upgraded your system with windows 7 or you did a clean install of windows 7 on your system. i think that you have not followed the steps properly if you have upgraded your system. so try to install the windows 7 cleanly in your system because this installation seems incorrect.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It appears as your system has been infected badly so the viruses need to be removed and hence i would recommend you to install a new version of antivirus and install it on your computer system and then scan your system with the antivirus and delete all the threat which is detected by the antivirus.

Basically this sounds like a driver problem and that's why the dvd writer is not working. I think that you need to check for the drivers in the device manager and see whether all the drivers are installed or not if the drivers are not installed or if you see a yellow question mark then update or install the driver.

If you are facing this problem right after the installation of the windows 7 then it is due to the drivers and hence i would request you to install the drivers again because the drivers of the windows vista may not be compatible with the windows 7. visit the acer official website and find the suitablr driver and simply install it.

Most probably seems as a driver issue but so firstly check it because if the driver is not the culprit then the dvd writer may have damaged hence if possible try to get it repaired by the vendor or manufacturer (if it is in the warranty period ). This will definitely fix this problem of the dvd writer.