Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010

MIC problem of the gateway M-152XL notebook

Hi friends, I am having the Gateway laptop and i am having the MIC issue with this laptop. This Mic problem is with the gateway M-152XL notebook. This laptop had come with the Windows Vista operating system and recently when i upgraded the operating system from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7 operating system then this MIC issue started in this laptop. So how can i solve the MIC problem of the gateway M-152XL notebook.
Old 10-02-2010

Re: MIC problem of the gateway M-152XL notebook

You are having the gateway M-152XL notebook and you are facing the Mic problem with this gateway notebook. The Mic of this notebook is not working after the upgrade of the operating system. You have recently installed the Windows 7 operating system in this notebook by removing the Windows Vista operating system. So dont worry this is one of the most common problem which many people face after the operating system upgradation.
Old 10-02-2010

AS you said in your query that the Mic of your gateway M-152XL notebook is not working after upgrading the OS to the Windows 7 from the Windows Vista then i think this is the issue of the driver software for the webcam and the Mic of the gateway laptop. You have not installed the driver for the Mic compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. After installing the driver software this issue will be resolved.
Old 10-02-2010

You can download the driver software for the webcam and the mic of the gateway M-152XL notebook from the website of the gateway. Go to the support and driver section on the website, search for the drivers of this notebook for the Windows 7 operating system and install it in the laptop properly. After the installation reboot the gateway notebook.
Old 10-02-2010

If you have already installed the driver software for the Mic of the gateway M-152XL notebook compatible with the Windows 7 operating system then i think this is the problem related to the MIC settings of the gateway notebook. Please check the settings of the Mic in your notebook. If the volume level of Mic is low then increase it. This will solve the problem.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,