Thread: HP Compaq 6730b hangs in bios

HP Compaq 6730b hangs in bios

Hello, I have a hp compaq 6730b but for some time when I start it it hangs at the bios with the hp logo that appears. and this time nothing happens, no key keyboard does work. All i have to restart the system again. please help me what to do to solve this problem . Everything is inactive how to reinstall the bios? Thanks for helping me..

Re: HP Compaq 6730b hangs in bios

Hi bro, From when its happening? Have you installed any hardware driver updates recently and this issue arrive after that? May be some hardware like hard disk is not working. If you are not much techie then just bring your notebook to technician, if its under warranty then take a hp service.

Hello,

I think that is another problem that the bios, as the hard drive eg. may e hard disk quickly slips from power up, you should be able to test your hardware from the bios. But if keys not working make sure that keyboard is fine, try some other keyboard.

Do you have linux bootable CD? In this case BIOS loads Knoppix successfully. Try out and see if system still hangs, if so then it will be better if you consider some hardware technician because i think something is damage in your system .

Sounds like a sign of possible hardware problem. If you are able to boot to bios (F10), run the start up test (or diagnose test), let it check out the memory and hard drive. If the diagnose fails, better have it repaired soon. Resetting CMOS configuration may resolve this, only problem is it will have to be done by removing the internal CMOS battery since you cannot get into the BIOS setup. Also, the battery may be soldered to the motherboard.