Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010

Unable to connect internet in nokia 5130 using opera mini

I am using nokia 5130 xpress music edition phone. I have got the gprs activated on my phone, the problem is that i am not able to connect to internet using operamini browser. As it was said that the operamini browser is the best browser for the phone. I have got aircel prepaid connection and there is an unlimited plan for the gprs which i am using right now. Whenever i connect to the internet using operamini browser i get a message stating that failed to connect to the internet. Please help me to get out of this problem.
Old 10-02-2010

Re: Unable to connect internet in nokia 5130 using opera mini

I think you should try some setting to connect or use the gprs on your mobile phone using operamini. Here is some setting for the operamini on nokia phone.
First go to the opera icon in your phone and select to open it, then go in the option and select the application access option after that go to the data access and there you can edit "Read user data" and "Add and edit data" which are used by Opera Mini. Try this method.
Old 10-02-2010

I would advise you to go to the official site of operamini browser and there you can just check out about your query and have some information on the operamini browser which you are using. Or you can just update your browser, may be the current version would be supporting the device. This is a very common issue which most of the people experiance and they get their solution by doing some simple settings.
Old 10-02-2010

I think your problem is not related to your browser. Operamini is the best browser for the portable phones becasue i am using it on my nokia n70 and its great to srf on the net using operamini. The problem would be from the network provider side you should contact your aircel customer care and just check it out might they must be having their network problm. As far as i know aircel doesn't provide good gprs speed and it is the reason why most of the people are not able to connect to internet.
Old 10-02-2010

Do one thing as i suggest you that, uninstall the operamini from your phone and ask for the gprs setting for your phone from the sim operator who provides you the gprs service. After receiving the gprs setting save it to the phone and restart your phone, now you need to re-install operamini browser and after installing it and just check it out that if it connects to the internet. If it does than your problem is solved and if it doesn't than you can try some other browser.
Old 27-03-2010

Unable to connect internet in nokia 7210 using opera mini on relince GSM
Old 27-03-2010

Unable to access internet using Opera browser on Nokia 7210
the service provider said that i have to set acess point rcomwap on operamini application but there no such provision on operamini 4
Old 27-03-2010

Unable to connect internet in nokia 5130 using opera mini

I was also facing similar kind of issue with my Nokia 5130c where i was facing browsing issue with my Nokia 5130c, i had try a lot to find it over internet but was not able to get any solution, then i asked my friend he told me to refer Browsing issue in Nokia 5130c with Opera Mini 5 and by following the steps mentioned over there my problem got solved, hope it works for you too

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,