Thread: You are not authorized to play Ipod Game on this computer

You are not authorized to play Ipod Game on this computer

Hi,

I have recently purchased ipod 4g. My problem is thaty when I try to sync my ipod with itunes, my computer say's, you are not authorized to play Ipod Game on this computer. I really do not want to restore my iPod or sync to the library, as a lot of music on my iPod had to be removed from the iTunes library due to space constraints. I do not know what else to do, please help.

Re: You are not authorized to play Ipod Game on this computer

Make sure you have the correct model iPod. iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic or iPod (5th generation) is required to use the games. See the article Identifying iPod models. Games previously purchased for iPod (5th generation) does not sync with iPod classic, iPod nano (3rd generation) or iPod nano (4th generation). If a game already purchased is available, you must purchase the game compatible with iPod iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod nano (4th generation) and iPod classic. For a list of iPod games, visit the iTunes Store.

Make sure you use the latest version of iPod software. See section Updating iPod. Make sure the Games tab appears when you click on the iPod in the Devices list in the Source pane of the iTunes window. If a game title does not appear in the synchronization list, but it is present in the library of games for iPod, it means it is not compatible with your iPod model.

To deauthorize a computer :

• Open iTunes.
    • Select Store> Deauthorize this computer (in the Advanced menu in earlier versions of iTunes).
    • Select "Remove access permission for Apple Account" and enter your Apple ID and password.

Be sure to remove the authorization on your computer before you upgrade your RAM, hard disk or any other component or system level before reinstalling Windows. Otherwise, your computer may use multiple authorizations if you do not delete the authorization before you upgrade these components.

They say that because someone sent it to you and you do not have your password for your account to play as "authorization". To do this, go to the taskbar in iTunes, the 'Store' tab and put Authorize Computer. Enter your friend's password and account name, and see! If you already authorized 5, this is the maximum number that refers to share. But be sure to ask the person who sent the file to you by your account name and password correctly.

Well, I think I have found how to de-authorizing the computer and then reauthorize!

Explanations:
    1. (Plug in your iPod)
    2. In iTunes, click Store => Deauthorize access computer
    3. Enter your login
    4. Synchronize your iPod / = click Store> Authorize Computer
    5. Enter your login

Normally iTunes should do more problem!