Thread: Unable to Synchronize HTC Hero on Windows 7

Unable to Synchronize HTC Hero on Windows 7

Hi, i am having a HTC Hero smartphone since long time and was using Windows Xp to sync the same. Now, recently i have upgraded one of my system to Windows 7. When i am trying to synchronize my smartphone with windows 7, i just can't able to. I think, the problem is with the Windows 7 driver compatibility. What you guys can suggest me for the same ? Please help.

Re: Unable to Synchronize HTC Hero on Windows 7

This is a problem of installing drivers that are not good by default when installing HTC Sync. Since the arrival of Windows 7 on the market, most users have expressed problems with the timing of their HTC Hero and their computer but also use the debug mod to drive the phone line to order. To solve this problem, download and install the latest version of HTC Sync and HTCDriver for your Windows 7 platform.

HTC Sync 2.0.8

HTCDriver for Windows 7

Re: Uninstalling Old HTC drivers

I think you should go with the latest HTC Sync and latest Windows 7 drivers to sort out the synchronization issues. First of all uninstall the old drivers from your system. To know how, just go through these steps:-
    • First uninstall the drivers supplied with Hero HTC HTC Sync and then uninstall HTC Sync.
    • By default, the driver of synchronistic ADB installed on Windows 7 is HTC Dream Composite Interface.
    • To uninstall, go into your device manager and make right-click and Uninstall
    • It may then Windows prompts you to restart your computer.
    • When your system is turned on clean your registry with some good application like CC cleaner.

Re: Reinstalling HTC Drivers on Windows 7

To reinstall the latest HTC drivers on Windows 7, start by installing HTC Sync 2.0.8 with a default installation. Once installation is complete, close HTC Sync and unzip the drivers on the C: \ At this point, your phone is still disconnected from your PC. Take it and navigate to Settings, than Applications, than Development and finally USB Debugging .Now turn your phone on your PC. Windows Update will try to find the drivers on the Internet but given that you're offline it does not find and display you a message.

Now go to the device manager, Make a right-click on ADB and choose Update Driver. Click Find driver on my computer. Set the location where you have saved the drivers and click Next.

Thats it. You are now compatible with the drivers to sync between your HTC Hero and your computer but also use the debug mode for controlling your phone from your computer through command line.

Re: Unable to Synchronize HTC Hero on Windows 7

I also faced the same problem when i started using Windows 7. But fortunately i solved it comfortably. Here is what can help you:-
    1. Install HTC SYNC on your computer with 64bit Windows 7.
    2. There will probably an error during installation, it does not matter.
    3. Download the 64-bit drivers here
    4. Copy the contents of the drivers zip file at:
    5. C:\ Program Files (x86) \ HTC \ HTC Driver \ Driver Files \ Vista_x64.
    6. Restart your computer (for reliability), and your phone. I insist strongly on restarting the phone! At launch the phone will launch a small application called "PC Sync", here's why you have to restart the phone and do not use a tool to kill the current task.
    7. The HTC SYNC software should run on Windows startup ... If this is not where you start the same "Start> All Programs> HTC> HTC SYNC"
    8. Connect your phone to the computer through the provided HTC
    9. The software should recognize the phone.