Thread: ERROR: Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure

ERROR: Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure

Hello friends,

I am having iPhone 3G with me and i am having an old number so i had unlocked my iPhone to use my old number, i was successfully able to it but whenever i try to connect to internet through 3G i was not able to connect it and at the same time i am getting an error message as "Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure". Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Sure i will help you out with this before that may i know from where you had buy your iPhone 3G if you had bought it from Japan and if you are trying to unlocked it, it was by unauthorized means then you will permanently get this message whenever you are trying to connect through 3g.

Re: ERROR: Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure

I was also getting PDP authentication failure message and such kind of things happen in UK, if you are located in UK then it's not your phone problem but it's of network issue because of which you are getting such kind of message, you are getting this message because your network is getting overloaded and it's making you log off, in that case i would i would suggest you to contact your service provider and tell them about message and it they will make some changes from there end.

Re: ERROR: Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure

I am also getting Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure message where now i am not able to text or make any calls to anyone, but my iPhone is able to recognizes the sim card and at the same time it also shows signal, the network and 3g symbol, when i told my friend about it he told me to reset my phone but that also didn't helped me a lot, does anyone has any idea how to fix it.

I was also getting same error message and i had tried out many things but none of them worked out for me when i told one of my friend about the issue he told me that my networked is being jammed, in that case he told me to edit APN settings in my iPhone and then it was working fine for me, hope it works for you too.