Thread: Acer laptop is not starting after Windows XP logo

Acer laptop is not starting after Windows XP logo

I am having the Acer laptop and the model which i am using is the Acer TravelMate 5730 laptop. The issue which i am facing with this laptop is that this laptop is not able start the Windows XP operating system after the Windows XP logo start up screen. The problem is that the Acer laptop is not starting after Windows XP logo screen. I have never seen this type of the problem so what can i do for resolving this issue of my acer laptop.

Re: Acer laptop is not starting after Windows XP logo

You are having the Acer TravelMate 5730 laptop and you are facing the problem with the operating system of this laptop. You are having the Windows XP operating system in your acer laptop and the Windows XP operating system is not able start it freezes at the Windows logo start up screen and doesn't starts the operating system. So i will suggest you to go to the bios setting during the start up of the laptop. May be there some problem is occurring.

I think you should start the laptop in the safe mode to check that the operating system is working properly or not. If the laptop is starting in the safe mode then there is some problem in starting it in the normal windows mode and the laptop is not starting in the safe mode also then the operating system is damaged and you will have to reinstall the operating system in the Acer laptop.

If this laptop was working properly with the Windows XP operating system and this operating system start up issue started some time before than i think by the system restore this issue will be solved. Start the laptop in the safe mode. Press f8 during the start up of the laptop and run the system restore wizard. Restore the system setting on the date and time on which the Acer laptop was working properly without any problem.

If the system restore is not able to solve the start up issue of the Windows XP operating system of your Acer laptop then i think you have left with only one more option rather than reinstalling the Windows XP operating system in the laptop. That is run the Operating system repair wizard. Insert the Windows XP installation disc and choose the repair option from the disc and complete procedure and reboot the system.

If the repairing of the Windows XP operating system using the Windows XP installation disc is also not able to solve the startup problem in normal mode of your Acer laptop then you have to reinstall the Windows XP operating system in the Acer laptop again. Insert the installation disc and boot from the Rom drive of the laptop and complete the installation procedure. It is not necessary that you have to install windows XP OS , You can also install the Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system if the laptop has the required hardware configuration for installing these two operating systems.