Thread: Cannot enable iPhone into a Wireless Modem

Cannot enable iPhone into a Wireless Modem

Hi,

I have recently purchased a iphone 3gs. I am have windows xp as operating system on my laptop. My problem is that I am unable to connect the computer to the Internet using your iPhone. On the iPhone screen is displayed during a "modem mode" each time the device connects to a computer for syncing or charging. I cannot enable iPhone into a Wireless Modem. Why this thing happens ??

Re: Cannot enable iPhone into a Wireless Modem

Make sure that the iPhone, computer and tariff plan consistent with the system requirements for the mode of the modem and installed the iPhone stable Internet connection (open the Safari browser and download the new web page). If you are outside the coverage area of your mobile network operator, the device works in roaming mode. In this case, to use a modem to enable roaming on the screen Settings> General> Network> Data Roaming. This will be charged for roaming data. Check with your cellular operator, whether you are in roaming and what fees are charged.

When the modem mode, the device iPhone will always work as a modem when connected to a computer via USB. For example, if the iPhone is connected to a computer to charge or sync with iTunes, the computer can use it to connect to the Internet if you do not disable the modem on the iPhone screen Settings> General> Network.

If the iPhone does not use a network of 3G (in the status bar icon EDGE or GPRS), the following possible limitations.

• Speed Internet connection as a modem may be low.
    • Incoming call leads to breakage of the connection to the Internet.
    • Outgoing call leads to breakage of the connection to the Internet.

This is normal behavior, which is also observed when talking on the phone, if you're using EDGE. Solution : On-screen Settings> General> Network, select "Enable 3G». After that, contact your carrier and verify that you are in a coverage area, 3G.

If you receive a message that the Windows you want to install a device driver Bluetooth, do one of the steps below.

• Update the drivers for Bluetooth on a computer running Windows.

• Try to manually create a pair of iPhone with your computer.

• Connect to the Internet through the iPhone using a cable USB, not Bluetooth.

Delete the old settings and create the new IPhone Settings as shown below :

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a cable USB, in-box. At the top of the iPhone screen will appear blue line.

2. If the blue bar at the top of the screen is not displayed, verify that the modem mode enabled on the screen settings (click Settings> General> Network> Mode modem). If the screen settings, there is no such option, contact your cellular service provider and make sure that it supports the use of a modem.

3. When you activate the modem on the iPhone screen is still not appeared blue line, check the following: the iPhone is connected to a computer using a cable USB, included with the system; installed on your computer application iTunes 8.2 or later; see the iPhone in the list of "devices" in iTunes.