Thread: NEW- AAA Battery Power GSM Mobile Phone

NEW- AAA Battery Power GSM Mobile Phone

I have heard that on Indian Mobile Company Olive Telecom is going to come out with a Mobile Phone that has dual battery power. You can use an AAA baterry that will charge the primary LiOn Battery in case you run out of charge. How it works is that AAA battery is the back-up battery which charges the re-chargeable battery for 3 hours. After 3 hours the exhausted AAA battery can be replaced with fresh AAA battery(which is easily available)to re-start the cycle once again in case the consumer has not found a charging point. In case a charging point is found within 1 hour at the first instance itself the balance life of the AAA battery will be 2 hours.

Wow now that's cool in case this is really true...i mean the only other mobile phone that i know which has this trait is the phillips xenium which never really took off. Let's hope this thing is true.
    Would like to know the views of the other people on the Forum

Re: NEW- AAA Battery Power GSM Mobile Phone

If such a phone is released in India then it will really act as a boon in the areas where there are frequent power cuts for several hours. It will really helpful for the travellers as they will not require the charger to charge the phone. Thanks for sharing such a useful information on the forum.

Re: NEW- AAA Battery Power GSM Mobile Phone

Yup deep i agree. There is a big potential market for this mobile phone in the market. And trust me i know..running out of charge is such a regular thing for me. For people in sales and marketing or who have to be constantly on the phone for work or personal reasons( gf and bf chatting)....the Olive mobile will be helpful. I am posting the link from where is got the information, forgot to do it last time

Also did a little searching and seems to be confirmed that it will be launched soon since the Olive AAA Mobile is available on their website

Price seems to be pretty reasonable at around Rs 2000. Not bad as a second Mobile phone

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by rupesh; 17-02-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Link Removed