Thread: Problem in updating firmware of Nokia N82 Mobile phone

Problem in updating firmware of Nokia N82 Mobile phone

I am having the Nokia N82 mobile phone and i want to update the firmware of this mobile phone. But i don't know how to do that. I am facing the problem in updating firmware of Nokia N82 Mobile phone. When i am connect this mobile phone to the computer using the USB Cable then i am not getting any option for updating or upgrading to the new firmware of the Nokia N82 mobile phone.

Re: Problem in updating firmware of Nokia N82 Mobile phone

You are having the Nokia N82 mobile phone and you want to update or upgrade the firmware of this Nokia mobile phone but you are not able to update or upgrade the firmware of this mobile phone because you simply dont know how to do this. After connecting the mobile to the computer using the USB cable you simply don't know what to do after that. But dont worry here you will get the procedure for updating the firmware of your Nokia N82 mobile phone.

First of all let me tell you that you cannot directly update the firmware of your Nokia N82 mobile phone by just Connecting it to the computer system using the USB cable. You should install the Nokia OVI Suit software in your computer system and connect the mobile in the PC Suite mode with the Computer system. After that Select the software update option from this Nokia OVI Suite software. You can find this software in the software disc that is provided with the mobile phone in the package.

If the software disc does not has the Nokia OVI Suite software then it will have the Nokia PC Suite software for the Nokia N82 mobile phone. Install that software in your computer system. If you are not having both of these software then you can download it from the website of the Nokia. Download it from the Nokia website and install it in your computer system.

If you are not having the Nokia PC Suite or the Nokia OVI Suite for your mobile phone in your computer system then you can directly download it from here.

Nokia PC Suite
    Nokia OVI Suite

Install any one software from these in your computer system and update the firmware of your Nokia N82 mobile phone.

I will advice you to update the firmware of your Nokia N82 mobile phone directly from the mobile itself because it takes less time to update the firmware of mobile phone from mobile as compared to updating from the computer. Updating the firmware from computer takes around 1 hour to complete whereas you can update it from the cell phone directly in around 30 minutes only. So if you are having the Wireless network or the GPRS enabled on your mobile phone then update the firmware from the mobile phone itself.