Thread: Unable to format 1 GB micro SD card

Unable to format 1 GB micro SD card

Hi guys,
    I am in a big trouble please help me out. I have got a nokia 3110c phone and i am using it from the past six months. Till date i was not having any kind of problem but one day when i installed a software on my phone and when i inserted the old memory card which i was using it previously, the phone is not accepting my old memory card and it is saying that it needs to be formatted. I tried to format it using my computer but it was not formatting. The computer is saying that it is write protected, i don't know what to do.

Re: Unable to format 1 GB micro SD card

I think your memory card is infected with some kind of virus which is not giving you the permission to access your memory card. This problem was faced my me but i my case was that my card was corrupted and was not able to access in my phone as well as in the computer. So if you able to scan your memory card with your antivirus in your computer that would be great, after scanning if any threat is detected, delete it and after that you can format your card.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You should try formatting with your phone itself. First you have to insert your card in your phone and than go to the memory card option which is availble in the setting. When you find the memory card option, if your card is corrupted than it will automatically ask you to format your card and if it doesn't than go in the option there you will finda option of format memory card. Press to format the memory card and your problem will be solved.

If your card is not accepting then it might be a virus infection and virus infects both memory card and phone. There is one simple solution to format your phone as well as memory card . When the card is in the phone you will need to type a code by which you can easily format it. To do this first of all remove the memory card from your phone and take all the backup of your contacts and important files from your phone. After doing this you have to enter *7370#, after dailing it you will be asked to enter some code in that dial 12345 and your phone will be restarted. And to format your memory card use your pc not the phone.

Hi there,
    To format your memory card you need to use a format tool which is easily available on the internet. There is a tool which is available and which i use to format my sd cards i.e HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. It is a small utility which allows to format a key USB. Download it and install in youe computer and just plug in your memory card in the card reader and when it detect the memory card, format it after detection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiro View Post
    If your card is not accepting then it might be a virus infection and virus infects both memory card and phone. There is one simple solution to format your phone as well as memory card . When the card is in the phone you will need to type a code by which you can easily format it. To do this first of all remove the memory card from your phone and take all the backup of your contacts and important files from your phone. After doing this you have to enter *7370#, after dailing it you will be asked to enter some code in that dial 12345 and your phone will be restarted. And to format your memory card use your pc not the phone.
    hey,
    I tried what you said but it says somethin about my network cannot connect or something? Is there any other way than the ones mentioned beforehand?