Thread: After installing windows 7 Sony vaio laptop function keys stopped working

After installing windows 7 Sony vaio laptop function keys stopped working

I have a sony vaio laptop installed with windows 7 home premium. I have upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7 and right after the upgradation i found that my functional keys stopped. I don't know what killed the functional key but i am certain that it has something to do with windows 7. Help me to sort this out.

Re: After installing windows 7 Sony vaio laptop function keys stopped working

First of all i would like to know whether you have cleanly installed the windows 7 on your laptop or you have upgraded your system form windows vista. After knowing this only i will be able to help you in a better way. If possible try to send the laptop configuration in order to provide you the relevant information.

Thanks for the help deep23 as you have asked me about the upgrade so let me make it clear that i have upgraded the system using from windows vista to windows 7 and not done a clean install also i would like to ask whether it is some sort of driver issue or some other windows 7 bug please help me soon.

Apparently you have missed something during the upgrade i think wither you have missed the driver or some other stuff. I am very much certain that the driver is missing so please try to upgrade your laptop's driver form the laptop manufacturer website. I hope that this will definitely fix your issue.

I had the similar sort of issue with this model of the sony laptop so i tried a lot of different ideas but all that turned of no use so i googled and searched it all over after all these efforts finally i turned off the caps lock which was on accidentally during the first boot which really solved the issue and it is working fine from onwards.

It seems as your system is installed not installed properly other wise it should work normally so i would advice you to repair your system using the recovery discs. If the problem persists still then your system might be having issues with the driver and hence upgrade your the driver from the official website this will surely solve your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"