Thread: Toshiba laptop webcam not working in Windows 7

Toshiba laptop webcam not working in Windows 7

I am using a toshiba Satellite M500-D4310 laptop. Initially it was running with the windows vista operating system smoothly. But the problem started as soon as upgraded my windows 7. My laptop's built-in webcam stopped working . I am not aware what is going on. I would really appreciate your help .

Re: Toshiba laptop webcam not working in Windows 7

Apparently you laptop has been affected by a virus and hence you are facing such issue. That's why the best solution to this is to check whether your system is infected by avirus or a bad program using an antivirus. After installing the antivirus scan the entire system and now your problem will be fixed.

This is because your laptop's camera driver are not installed properly. and hence it is not working so go to the device manager using the run box or you can also open the device manager by right clicking on the my computer and select manage. Check whether you see any yellow question marks and reply further.

I don't know why this is happening because almost all the drivers which works with windows vista are accepted by the windows 7. But this may be a driver issue and hence you should try to upgrade the from the official website of the toshiba and install it on to your system after installing it on to your system web cam will start working.

Almost each and every driver of the windows vista is compatible with windows 7 . So it might not be a simply a drivers issue there is something wrong with the webcam if you laptop is still in the warranty period then tush it ot the nearest toshiba service station and get the webcam checked there.

This is a typical problem which would be solved by updating the driver. Simply download it from the website of the manufacturer and install it on your system. It seems you simply can't install it because before installing it you might have to rollback the previously installed driver. This will certainly fix this problem.