Thread: G4 ibook charger not working

G4 ibook charger not working

I purchased an G4 apple ibook few months back which is running almost fine except the charger. i don't know why G4 apple ibook charger stopped working. whenever i try to charge it using the charger it simply won't charge When it tries to connect before turning off it makes a sound like a lightbulb that is flickering and trying not to die.please help me to sort this problem.

Re: G4 ibook charger not working

It appears that your charger has been damaged and hence you need to buy a new charger. Hence buy a new G4 ibook charger and i think that this must help you to solve the issue. Before buying i think you need to check that you buy a new original battery. Since if you buy a duplicate battery it will harm the laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You have not mentioned that whether your warranty is still valid or not. If your warranty is still valid then rush to the nearest apple service center and try to take repair your ibook over there. Since if you repair it somewhere else then the warranty will get void and they may steal some original peripherals.

Thanks a lot for replying me and also i would like to tell you that i tried the new battery but still the result is same. I am extremely sorry because i forget this in the previously posted query also whenever i try to charge the battery with the new charger The light that indicates the computer is charging goes on but it doesn't please help.

If the new battery charger does not solve the issue then there might be issue with the battery connector. So i think you need to check the battery connector and see whether the charger starts working now or not also i would recommend you to check whether your charger is original or not.

It appears as an outlet problem to me and hence get your ibook to the apple store and ask them to check whether the battery charger is damaged or the connector is not working. Tell them to repair if the outlet is damaged other wise buy a new charger and charge it using that this will help you to fix this problem.