Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to project browsers using my Macbook

Portable Devices

Old 06-02-2010

Unable to project browsers using my Macbook

I am using a MacBook but last week i faced a very weird problem i was Unable to project browsers using my Macbook but can project a powerpoint file. Actually i had to show the powerpoint file and browser page alternately in my presentation. I don't know what is the problem so please help me to get rid of this problem.

Old 06-02-2010

Re: Unable to project browsers using my Macbook

It appears that you are not having problems with the projector but you actually have some issue with your browser. You have not mentioned whether your browser is working in the macbook or i mean that the browser shows some content on the screen or not. Till then try to reinstall your browser might do the tricks.
Old 06-02-2010

Firstly i would recommend you to buy a new DVI-VGA adapter and then connect your projector to windows laptop. Try to project those files using the windows laptop. If you are getting both the powerpoint file as well as the browser projected then you can say that your projector is working. Other wise the projector is damaged.
Old 06-02-2010

Thanks for your response but i am still having the same error. I tried to do what you said i reinstalled the browser but still the result was same. Then i tried to connect the projector with the help of a DVI-VGA adapter to a windows laptop. It was working fine with the windows laptop. Any other solutions .
Old 06-02-2010

Sounds like both your Macbook and projector are working absolutely fine. You simply need to make some adjustments to your Macbook. After connecting the projector to the Macbook. Just check the Monitors preference Pane. Check it you are using "extended desktop" mode instead of "Mirror" mode or not.
Old 06-02-2010

Apparently you need to make certain adjustments to monitor preference pane which you will get by hitting the F1 command at the presentation. If the projector is connected to the Mac laptop then you will see a new tab opens on the screen change to mirror mode and certainly your problem will be fixed.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , , ,