Thread: Acer Aspire 9800 sound problem after installing Windows 7

Acer Aspire 9800 sound problem after installing Windows 7

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 7 Professional on Acer Aspire 9800 laptop and some problems with updating the drivers for a few devices (OrbiCam, touchpad, Realtek audio, etc). Now I am not able to hear sound. I never had this problem with previously installed windows vista, Can anyone solve my Acer Aspire 9800 sound problem I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and found some kind of valuable solution

Re: Acer Aspire 9800 sound problem after installing Windows 7

I think you have not installed the drivers correctly. Go in device manager and check whether you have a yellow exclamation or reinstall and update drivers from there. Another thing you can do is., Go to official site Acer of Acer and install the drivers from there.

The UAA is the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture Bus Driver and is required if you have high definition sound. In my Device Manager, appears as the HD audio controller, It's supposed to be included with Realtek installed but is not there sometimes and sometimes not installed. Also check the Windows Audio service. Go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services Scroll through the list of services until you find the Windows Audio service.Right click on it and select Properties.Make sure it is set to Automatic and Start is checked.

To resolve you sound problem, Right click on the properties of My Computer and click, click sound card and select Update Driver then tell Windows where to find the drivers you downloaded. You can also check the drivers you have downloaded your own setup program (usually called SETUP or INSTALL) if they just run and it will install automatically, then just reboot. Let me know if this helps and if I can be of more help.

You should diagnose a test. It could be because of high processor load or disk, or it could be a codec problem. It might even be due to hardware defect. Try uninstalling the third party codecs. That would be a relatively simple test to perform. Also look at tools like CodecInstaller. That can analyze the list of codecs installed and modify its parameters as their merits and therefore allow you to influence which codec is used for certain types of media.

Before installing l new drivers, just check if the audio can not be disabled or muted. If the sound worked previously and now you have problem then try system restore point, Press + or select Acer eRecovery Management from the toolbar to start Empowering Technology Acer eRecovery Management. Go to page restoration and recovery by selecting the Restore button. Select the backup point from which you want to restore. You can choose to recover the system from a default image of the plant to recover from a CD / DVD previously created or reinstall applications and drivers. Follow the screen instructions to complete the process.