Thread: Problem in transfering video from Sony DCR-HC52 Camcorder to computer

Problem in transfering video from Sony DCR-HC52 Camcorder to computer

Hi friends,
    I am using "Sony DCR-HC52" camcorder and the problem is that the camcorder fails to connect with my computer. I use windows vista on my computer. I am using the correct cable i.e IEEE 1394 Firewire Cable to connect my camcorder into the firewire port on the backside of my computer. The cable contains 6-pin on one side and 4-pin on the otherside, 6-pin plug connects to my computer and 4-pin plug connects to the camcorder. Now, when I plug my camcorder and switch on it, no pop up comes on my computer. I tried to access through Windows Movie Maker but it says that 'A video capture device was not detected. Verify that a device is turned on and connected properly, and try again.' I also verified that the driver which i am using is updated or not by going into the hardware device manager in the control panel, but it said that the driver which i am using is the latest one. Any idea how to transfer video files to my computer.

Re: Problem in transfering video from Sony DCR-HC52 Camcorder to computer

Hi happy,
    I think you should close all your windows and turn off firewall settings if any active, after that go to the control panel then to add hardware in windows Xp and try install the driver of your camcoder from there. Load driver once again when the hardware manager prompts you, once you have done with your work, first switch on the camcoder and after that plug to the port on your computer. A pop up should come up saying that the hardware has been detected successfully and driver of the device are being loaded. This method should work with you, if not than go to the Sony website and there download any software or plug-ins which are available for your camcoder.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You should not worry because its not an serious problem. You are not able to transfer your video files from your camcorder to your computer. I use to transfer same thing by using ImageMixer Ver.1.5 program for Sony which helps me to transfer all the image and video files easily. ImageMixer DVD edition is a very easy and handy multimedia application which enables you to capture, organize, edit and publish multimedia files to CD or DVD from your camcorder.

I will provide you some steps to transfer your camcorder video file to the computer.

Steps to transfer video from sony camcorder to a computer:

1. first thing is to properly install the USB driver for camcorder. You can download the drivers from the official website.
    2. Try to connect the camcorder to the AC adaptor.
    3. Please set the camcorder to the USB stream mode.
    4. Connect your camcorder and the computer by using USB cable.
    5. After thah start Windows Movie Maker application and Click on link 'Capture..' to start the wizard.
    6. Select the option Sony Digital Imaging Device which is available and than click Next.
    7. Please specify the path and file name for the captured video. Click on Next.
    8. Select the desired format of the captured video and Click Next.
    9. The Start Capture and End Capture buttons is now displayed on the dialouge box.
    10. Play video on the handycam. The video appear WMM in the preview window.
    11. After that to start capturing the video, click on the Start Capture button . You can click End Capture to pause or stop recording.
    12. At the end click the Finish button. The .wmv file will be saved and now you can play your video on your window.

There is a simple solution for your query. You should not get frustrated with your problem because it is very simple solution. You need to use card reader if you have or if you dont than just buy it because most of the people they suffer such kind of problem. They should think on it and use their mind in wasting time on searching net for the solution. I will definitely say that you can retrive your data through using card reader. You have to just insert you camcorder's memory card into the card reader and upload all the video files on your computer.

I have a Sony camcorder too and i am able to transfer my files to the computer. It is very simple, i just plug it into my computer and it directly ask me to open in imovie or dvd player. I select imovie program, and import the videos in it. And after that by using the application, the quality of the videos which is imported is very crystal clear. Similarly, to import the photos, go into iphoto, after that go to import to library option and then go to the folder on the dvd, where you will find another folder, go into that folder there you will find your photos. Put all the photos wherever you want. This should help you out.

manthanmullick Guest

I think some good answers there to solve your problem.. Have you tried the Sony website though? That's gotta be your best bet. Infact just put up your question on the Sony India facebook page- they have a 24 hour answer mechanism.. Pretty cool. Good luck.