Thread: Error 208 while syncing Ipod

Error 208 while syncing Ipod

Hi,

I have a Apple iPod Photo (30GB). When I try to download music from iTunes store, it gives error message: The iPod cannnot be updated. An unknown error occurred (-208). I not able to download music on my ipod. Has anyone seen this error before?

Re: Error 208 while syncing Ipod

If you have Error 208 while syncing, then there is a 96% chance that your computer has registry problems. To repair 208 error, follow these steps:

* Step 1 - Download a 208 error repair tool called Regcure, install this fix tool errors.
    * Step 2 - Click the Repair seek Button. It cleans for free.
    * Step 3 - Then click the Repair All button again ! your Error 208, will be gone.

In iTunes, find the affected track. To find a track, first click on "Music" under LIBRARY in the left column of iTunes. Then type in part of the song's name in the search box in the upper right corner of iTunes. Note that if you find a song in a list instead of in the LIBRARY section of iTunes, not really eliminating the songbird, but only the copy of song in the playlist.

I think you are using the older itunes version. In some cases, you may receive the following error message 208 when you try to play songs or video you purchased, or when you try to access the iTunes Store using iTunes 6: "Unable to respond to your request to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-208). " To resolve this problem, install iTunes 6.0.1 or later.

Try the following steps to remove error 208 :

1. Find the file iTunes music library. In Mac OS 9, this file is normally found in the iTunes folder in your Documents folder. In Mac OS X, the iTunes Music Library is located in the Documents folder or in the Music folder. These files are located in your folder. Select Home from the Go menu in Finder.

2. Drag the file from iTunes music library to the Trash.

3. Optional: Locate the file "com.apple.iTunes.plist" in your Preferences folder (~ / Library / Preferences) and drag it to the Trash. This will reset your iTunes preferences and cause the opening of the Setup Wizard from iTunes so that this new research all your music files.

4. Open iTunes. A new music library file is created. Perhaps you're forced to recreate your playlists and manually reinsert your files in your library.