Thread: Problem with video transfer from Handycam using Firewire Cable

Problem with video transfer from Handycam using Firewire Cable

I am having the Panasonic NV GS120 Handycam/Camcorder which does video recording on the MiniDV Cassettes. So we cannot directly transfer the videos from the handycam to the computer or the laptop. This camcorder has the DV port for the Video transferring purpose. This port is the Firewire port which is also known as the 1394 port. So i bought the firewire to the USB connecter for the connecting the Handycam and the computer system. But the widows is showing that the device you have connected is malfunctioning. So i am having the problem with video transfer from Handycam using Firewire Cable.

Re: Problem with video transfer from Handycam using Firewire Cable

You are having the Panasonic NV GS120 handycam which captures videos on the MiniDV Cassettes so for capturing videos to the computer system or to the laptop you have to connect this handycam to the computer or the laptop and transfer the videos via manually recording it on the hard drive of your computer system. For this the handycam has the DV port and firewire cable is used with this port and you have the firewire cable with the other end USB type for connecting it with the computer or the laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

When you are connecting to the computer or the laptop the windows or the operating system is showing that the device you have connected is malfunctioning. So i think you are not having the proper firewire cable for this handycam for connecting the handycam and the computer for the video transferring. I will suggest you to purchase the proper firewire cable with the same port on both the ends. Do not us e the cable which has the USB connector at the other end.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Connect the Panasonic handycam properly with the laptop using the proper firewire 1394 cable and connect the to the firewire port of the laptop you are having after that the Windows will detect the handycam automatically. After that start the Windows movie maker and select the video caputer from video devices. Record the video on the hard drive from the MiniDV of the panasonic handycam.

If your laptop does not has the firewire port for connecting the devices which has the firewire port for the data or the video transfer purpose. Then you can get the firewire port hubs just like the USB hubs that can be used with the laptops and the computers also. Connect the Panasonic NV GS120 handycam with this firewire HUB using the firewire cable and transfer the videos.