Thread: Micro SD card fails to recognise on Samsung Genio

Micro SD card fails to recognise on Samsung Genio

Hi friends please help me out, i was using my Samsung Genio touch from last two weeks but recently a problem occured, it was like my phone is unable to recognise the memory card which means that it's corrupted by any mean or unreadable by the computer.

I don't hope that both of my "Samsung Genio touch" and the "samsung memory card" are brand new. It is specified in the manual that it has the capacity upto 8GB. I removed the card from the package and inserted it straight into memory card slot of the phone, and it seems that it was not detected by the phone. In the phone they provide an option to view either phone memory or memory card i.e (mass storage). The option for the mass storage is not available to view files on the memory card. I am hoping that my memory card is not been corrupted and hope for the best answer.

Re: Micro SD card fails to recognise on Samsung Genio

I would wonder that your problem is not so serious because this issue is related with most of the people in this world. So calm down and try to insert micro sd card one more time in your phone and see wheather it si showing or not. If you dont find try to connect your memory card with computer. This can be done by using memorycard reader which is easily available in the electronic stores. After connecting if you find your memory card then put some kind of data like picture or song and after that insert it into the phone. I think now you should be able to find your mass storage option in your mobile.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There are some older version of SD card which are available in the market with other devices like pda phones, card readers, cameras etc, they are unable to read the newer version of SDHC cards. The new card has the same sahpe, same size and same funtions. You have stated that your phone is brand new which also came with a memory card I think you should contact your phone suppliar as your phone and your memory card both are in warranty period.

As Gonzo suggest,
    Try to switch off your mobile phone, if it been switched off then open back cover and blow some air on the micro sd port, once again insert the memory card tightly in the slot and switch on the phone. The option for the card should appear in the phone on the top of ur screen. If it doesnot appear then use a card reader and connect it with your pc. If your card is fine, then it should appear in local disk drive stating "removable drive". If you are able to see the card on your pc and not able to see in your phone, then the micro sd port of ur phone might be malfunctioned.

From my point of view if your card is not recognised by your phone then to get it to work with your phone, you should try to slide the card in and pull it slightly out. In the slot were you pushed it in and it clicks in, after push it in again and you will find that it clicks and pops out. This tecnique always worked for me, even if i left it for a months in the phone. The card which i was using is sandisk card which came with my phone.
    Note:
    "First thing to notice that your card which you are inserting is not wrong sided because if it does then you will never find your card in the phone".