Thread: Error 6 while restoring iphone

Error 6 while restoring iphone

Hi,

I tried to restore my Apple phone 3G but it crashes, freezes, etc., I get an unknown error (6) on iTunes. I could not reopen it, so I can't connected to iTunes and restore. Again and again, the process stops after going on the restore function. I have different USB port, removed all USB connections to another computer and use Windows 7?? I want to know why I am getting Error 6 while restoring iphone ???

Re: Error 6 while restoring iphone

If an update is available in iTunes, install it and try restoring again. If you have an active connection to the Internet or Internet security settings are configured to prevent you contact Apple iTunes, iTunes will warn you that it could not connect to the iTunes update server. Solve the problems of Internet and try again the update. If you use Windows, check out iTunes for Windows.

Only by restarting the computer can solve certain problems that might prevent the restoration of the iPhone. After restarting the computer, try resetting the device again in iTunes. Error 6 occurs because your installation of third party software has changed the original size of the package in Windows to insert an entry in the registry TcpWindowSize. The fact that the original packet size is incorrectly configured can cause this error.

Try to Restore iphone on a different computer. Connect iPhone directly using USB cable, without using the dock, try to restore with another computer. Make sure that you use your computer has USB 2.0 ports, have installed the latest version of iTunes and the device is connected directly to your computer.

To resolve Error 6 while restoring iphone, If you run Microsoft Windows XP and the problem has been solved in another computer but still having difficulties in the original computer, we recommend that you upgrade or reinstall the Windows USB drivers and try again after restoring iPhone.

I think you should completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device Support and then reinstall the latest version of iTunes. After removing and reinstalling the latest version of iTunes, Try Ccleaner, It allows to verify and optimize cleaning up non-existent DLL, ActiveX controls, shortcuts without target, the obsolete programs, classes and invalid file extensions. Then try restoring again the iPhone.