Thread: Hp pavilion dv6000 laptop does not boot from CD

Hp pavilion dv6000 laptop does not boot from CD

Hello

The problem is that I have a Hp pavilion dv6000 that came with windows vista and I want to put aside the ubuntu linux but you put the cd launch press F9 choose the cd but just start the hearing and does not start from the CD as should nose whether to punch something. I don't know why my Hp pavilion dv6000 laptop does not boot from CD ???

Re: Hp pavilion dv6000 laptop does not boot from CD

I recommend that you change this value directly in the bios, its necessary to go from start pressing F2, F1, DEL, or ESC several times until you enter, and there must have an option that says something about the boot, then simply put in the option number 1 cd drive. Before doing all this why not try with a Windows CD or something, any cd that is bootable, to make sure the cd is not a problem ...

It depends on the which version of ubuntu you have, then, only the last version, and I recommend is 8.04 (gibsy gybons) has this option to install from the same operating system. This distro is best to assume that because you go straight to boot from the CD to start the installation, you have to be sure you have this version

I think you should update the Bios. There are many ways to update the BIOS. Some may require a boot CD / floppy / USB drive to update the BIOS version. Some, like HP Pavallion also provide a Windows-based InstallShield Wizard that can download and run, to update the BIOS. This Wizard compares the current version of BIOS with new BIOS version available and installed the new version of BIOS and restarted the computer.

When the Hp pavilion laptop is exhibiting this behavior, there is no way to load Windows or anything else. It will not boot from the CD-ROM in addition to the hard drive, which leads me to believe that it may have something to do with BIOS or a connection. I have not found a pattern, however, for when the system works, though still intermittent, sometimes the computer behaves normally, other times they have the problem on several occasions, and there is nothing to do but walk away from the system and try again half an hour later.

Try memtest utility. Even a hard disk with bad sectors can cause this problem. The report also allow the system to boot up very well and even run, but the installation of an operating system is a comprehensive effort of memory. The memory is completely filled to pull files from the CD before it is written to the hard drive. After you are done with memtest, assuming that happens, try a diagnostic hard drive either from the BIOS or downloaded from the manufacturer of the unit or even run a CHKD.