Thread: How to Encrypt iPhone Backups

How to Encrypt iPhone Backups

Hi all,

I a using Apple iPhone from last 8 months. Recently i have take backup of all iPhone data . I need to secure all this back up and want to encrypt. Can anybody knows that there is any software or service that compiled the encrypt and secure my iPhone backups. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Check out with iTunes 8.1 with iPhone running the 3.0 beta 1 software that under the Summary tab you have found a a new option: Encrypt iPhone backup.Checking off the option opens a pop-up window for you to enter your password.We are not sure so far what form of encryption Apple is using. Check it out and reply.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I advise you that you set up iTunes so that it will encrypt and password protect your backups. This will keep the statistics in the backup from idle assessment in the event that your computer is lost or stolen. You need to launch iTunes. and attach your iPhone Touch using the USB sync cable to your computer. Then place and select the Summary tab for that device. You can find options, locate Encrypt iPhone backup and make sure it is checked. Configure the password that will be used to access your encrypted backups.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

iPhone and iPod Touch backups are all managed by iTunes automatically, but you have the capability to delete older backups from your current devices or backups from devices you no longer own. Launch iTunes, Open the iTunes preference on your computer and select the Devices tab. Devices tab of iTunes first choice houses the list of backups performed. Check it out and reply.

iTunes will now show the device backups that are stored on your computer. If you sync more than one device there will be entries in the list for each one. They are scheduled in sequential order and the most recent one is usually the most important one. Older backups can be just as important, particularly, for example, if you are move around from an older iPhone to a newer model. You might want to keep that old backup until you are sure that your movement to the newer phone was successful. Best of luck.