Thread: Error : The iPhone cannot be used with iTunes

Error : The iPhone cannot be used with iTunes

Hi,

I have recently purchased Apple iphone 3g. My problem is that I am not able to connect to itunes. I am getting error message, The iPhone "iphone" cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone. Has you anyone experienced this kind of problem? What is the solution for this error message ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Error : The iPhone cannot be used with iTunes

Some problems seem to be related to a third party security software are in fact caused by other factors. Before making changes to your security software, check the following:
    • Make sure the date, time and time zone of your computer are properly adjusted.
    • You are logged in as administrator.
    • If your PC or your router uses proxy settings, do a test without using Internet proxy.
    • Run diagnostics integrated iTunes to test your connections and produce reports. Using Network Diagnostics for troubleshooting connection problems with the iTunes Store.

I was getting the same error, The iPhone "iphone" cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from the iPhone. Updating the security software has solved my problem. To update your security software, first determine what security software you have installed. There are many ways for you to determine what applications you have installed on your PC.

• Click on the menu (or button) Start and see the list of programs.

• Find out if security applications are listed in the notification area (bottom right of the taskbar).

• Browse the applications installed under Control Panel> Add / Remove Programs.

If the current version of your security software is not compatible with iTunes, you can disable or uninstall the software and security check is causing the problem. If you want help in verifying your configuration, disabling or uninstalling your security software, please contact the manufacturer.

Once the software is uninstalled or disabled, do not follow the required steps to ensure that your problem has been solved. Check the update / restore, synchronization, backup, activation or any other task that was problematic. Once this is complete, install and configure security software to ensure consistent protection of your PC.

You should not have to pull open the SIM slot on iphone 3g. Just put the clip into the hole and push until it appears. As no activation screen appears, you need to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes before the connecting the iphone. You may need to update, configure properly, disable or uninstall the firewall and other security software to prevent interference with iTunes. After you update your security software, configure it properly to allow iTunes. If you have anything less than itunes version 7.3 of iTunes, then you need to upgrade.