Thread: Iphone Error : This accessory is not made to work with iPhone

Iphone Error : This accessory is not made to work with iPhone

Hi,

I have a Apple iphone 3g. When I connect my accessories I get the error message : This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. I have also noted that the button to lower the volume doesn't work and when I get a call Ii hear the ringtone come in and out. Anybody know any patch to remove this annoying message? Is there any way remove this error ?

Re: Iphone Error : This accessory is not made to work with iPhone

I think you should clean the hardware. The solution consists in cleaning the docking area of your phone. I suggest using a soft bristle brush and dry the teeth. Some have suggested the use of compressed air and vacuum tools. The key to cleaning is not to worsen the problem by being too aggressive and not use water! There may be other solvents that work, but can not recommend any (offer suggestions if you wish). The idea here is that some kind of waste is in your dock to the iPhone is trying to connect a device. Remove the debris and set the device!

You need to make sure the dock connector is dust free. If you connect the iPhone to an accessory specifically for it, iPhone may ask if you want to activate the flight mode. This is to eliminate radio interference from cellular signals coming from iPhone. You may be able to use the iPhone with the accessory or not to activate the flight mode. However, the accessory can not charge the iPhone.

If you turn on airplane mode, you will not be able to make calls, send or receive text messages, Internet access, or use Bluetooth devices with iPhone until you disconnect the iPhone from accessory mode on or off aircraft.

The solution for the Error : This accessory is not made to work with iPhone is very simple, restore the iPhone using iTunes. Connect your iPhone to your pc, then in iTunes, select your iPhone and click the Reset button on the Summary tab. Remember that restoring the phone will delete all contacts, calendars, photos and other data on the phone, but will restore automatically backed up the information as text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, sound settings, configuration of widgets, etc.

The reason this message appears (normally when connected to speakers, car kits and other music devices) is that by default, the iPhone is written 'Accessory Mode' when you connect the dock connector. This will then lock all controls on the iPhone, and he thinks the music playback commands come from the connection of accessories.

What you need to do is, buy a the adapter made by Griffin or the similar. These adapters are simply 5VDC regulated power supplies iPod 30-pin at each end. Convert the voltage to 5VDC and output that the pin on the right. They also provide a pair of resistors specific pins (as noted in my posts of others on the issue) to tell the iPhone and iPod Touch 3G/3GS latest Nano and units in charge.