Thread: iPhone app hide text message sender

iPhone app hide text message sender

Hello friends,

As everyone knows that Iphone has a feature called as SMS Text Preview which shows name of the text sender whenever a new text message comes in. I am really got frustrated with this option, does anyone knows how to disable any notifications of text messages or is there any application which can disable this option.

I am also finding for similar type of solution for my iPhone OS 3.0 because most of the time my iPhone is with my brother and he reads those message when they arrived on my iPhone, so is there any application which can hide my messages when they arrived or hiding message sender's name will also do. I had tried a lot but was not able to get any solution for the same. Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Carlee as per my knowledge there is no application which can hide your message when they had arrived but if you want you can have pass code for opening your message so that no one can read your message, the main problem with this method is that it you need to enter your pass code every time you want to use the phone. If you want you can also set how long the phone has to be idle before having to type in the pass code.

That would be great if you can provide me what steps i have to follow for setting up pass code and at the same time i had asked my friend too about some third party software but they are not working as per my requirements as you said that there is an option of pass code by using which i can hide text message sender that will also do for me. Thanks for replying me.

If you want to disable your SMS Text Preview then you need to go setting option and then select general option over there you will find pass code lock select that option, over here it will ask you to set pass code on your iPhone if you are doing it for the first time. After that you need to see an option which shows Show SMS Preview and at the same time at side you will see OFF option and change the Require Pass code time to something higher.