Thread: Best headphones for skiing

Best headphones for skiing

Hey Guys,

I have the 1st generation iPhone, and my headphones broke, so I've been using this 3rd party JVC headphones. I am looking for a very nice sound quality in-ear or earbud headphones to be used with my iPhone, with mic and ipod control. I would like a set of headphones/buds that are comfortable to wear, especially under a helmet. During the colder days, my helmet has attached ear muffs that pressed on my old headphones and hurt my ears. So, can any one suggest me that which is the best headphones for skiing? Any one knows about it? let me know your views on the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: Best headphones for skiing

Most of them come with an armband too, which I use when riding. (Or you can put it in your jacket pocket.) I love having music on the slopes but don't use full on noise canceling earphones because it makes it hard to watch out for the out of control snowboarders. Try the Race Quiet Acoustic Isolation System.

If you rock a helmet, go with Giro and get the Tune-Ups ear pads: integrated headphones. I often carry a ipod shuffle when I snowboard. Its small enough where it won't get in the way. Most snowboard jackets now have pockets where you can safely keep your ipod. In terms of headphones I prefer Bula beanies with headphones built right in.

If you have a Giro helmet you can replace the earpads with audio capable earpards. I used my Creative Labs Zen Xtra for several ski seasons.I've got them for my helmet and they work great. There's a mute button to stop audio when you really need to hear the outside world as well. No headphones or anything to worry about.

I picked up the Shure MPA-3C (Music Phone Adapter) ,this is a beautiful device that is fairly easy to use with ski gloves. People rock Skullcandy because its flashy, not because it sounds good, people who rock their expensive AKGs or other studio monitor headphones are risking breaking them, i know because i broke my AKG Parabolics a few years ago when rocking big headphones was the only way to go.

You could check out the koss ksc-35 clip-on earphones. I like the 11mm Full Metal Jacket headphones by Skull Candy. For skiing,their vice-like clips supposedly keep those things on your ears well. Might get uncomfortable though. They have great sound from such a small headphones, fit inside the ear canal so they stay put really well.Lots of people also swear by the shure e2 buds for sports as they are canalphones and don't slip out easily.