Thread: Remote App does not Show up in iTunes

Remote App does not Show up in iTunes

I am using Windows Vista as my operating system and everything was working fine but from few days i am facing some issue where i am not able to see the remote icon under "Devices" in iTunes and for more information i am using McAfee which allows me to access both programs and at the same time i had also added TCP 3689 and UDP 5353 ports too. I hope someone else knows the trick in fixing this issue i am having.

Before going ahead i would like you to ask you that have you had Remote connected to iTunes on this computer before or entered the password from Remote into iTunes yet? If you have any entry in the remote settings then you need to delete it and once again try to link it and once your remote is linked with iTunes it will not appear under devices in iTunes.

I don't think so Crona ti matters a lot onces if you are connected to another iTunes and i am trying to connect it to wireless network. Till my knowledge touch will not show under the Devices list in iTunes until you try to add it using the option in the Remotes settings menu on the touch. Only if you had selected Add Library in the remote setting and the Passcode window will be displayed that will appear in iTunes on the computer.

iTunes Remote not appearing as device

I am also facing similar type of issue when i trying to use iTunes Remote app for my iPhone on my computer but if i try to use it on my laptop over there it works fine and for more information the iTunes setting are same and both machine are on the same network. Does anyone know what would be the excat issue ?

In that case i would suggest you to go to iTunes then go to preferences option and in the Device option make sure iPod & iPhone remote option is selected and at the same time try to uninstall and reinstall application it might happen that there would be some issue with software because of which your Remote App does not Show up in iTunes.