Thread: Orange MMS settings for Iphone 3G

Orange MMS settings for Iphone 3G

I'm using Orange network service on my iphone 3G. I've been trying to setup MMS service using various settings but none seems to be working for me. Just few days back i had loaded 3.0 on my iphone 3G which I bought from Italy. Can anyone advise Orange MMS settings for my Iphone 3G? Any one has any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Orange MMS settings for Iphone 3G

You will just need to put in the network settings for your 3G access and away you go. Try a reboot after changing the settings, pretty sure that's what I did. Hold down the power button until the device shuts down (don't use the slider to power off). Then turn it back on again.

The APN defines the network path for all data services i.e. internet & e-mail. I think it indicates that those on the Iphone tarrif the settings are automatically installed after downloading 3.0. Remember to change your phone number to read +44 7xx instead of 07xx. To edit the APN go to Settings--> General--> Network--> Cellular Data Network. As it show APN setting as idata.o2.co.uk and that's the only setting I had to change to get MMS to work on my non Iphone contract phone (ie I changed it from idata etc to mobile.o2.co.uk).

If you wanted to download apps from itunes (on a PC) then you can sync them over to the phone to save on your mobile bandwidth. The latest version still seems a little unstable and some times fails to start but here are the settings that work on Edge settings APN orangeinternet no username or password in MMS Settings.

According to me, you need to set up the following configuration on your Iphone 3G. For that you need to go in Settings --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network. After set the following configuration on your Iphone 3G.
    Internet:

APN - orangeinternet
    User & Pass - leave blank

MMS:

APN - orangemms
    User - Orange
    Pass - Multimedia
    MMSC - mms.orange.co.uk
    MMS Proxy - 192.168.224.10:8080
    MMS Max Message Size & MMS UA Prof URL - leave blank.

My Iphone works on Orange perfectly. For that you need to Jailbroken with Redsn0w then unlocked with Ultrasn0w. Then you might need to activate MMS service on your Iphone 3G, for that you need to contact your Orange service provider.