Thread: iPhone 3.0 causing Wi-Fi Problems

iPhone 3.0 causing Wi-Fi Problems

Recently i had upgrade my iphone 3.0 & and had jailbreak it with redsnow. Now the problem is that after doing the iphone 3.0 update, my iphone seems to be picking up any wifi connection in my house. To resolve the above issue, i had upgraded to 3.0.1 and even had jail brake it with redsnow 0.8, but still wifi not working. Can any one tell me that why i'm facing iPhone 3.0 Wi-Fi problems? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: iPhone 3.0 causing Wi-Fi Problems

This will cause your iPhone to restart, and will delete any stored Wi-Fi passwords as well as DNS settings and more. You can fix the wifi problem by restaring youur iphone or ipod touch, i have noticed it only works on some. Users note that signal strength can fluctuate between one and full bars even when standing right next to the router or when a computer nearby shows a constant signal. It may, however, restore your ability to join a stubborn wireless network, let you access stalled Web pages, or eliminate issues with EDGE data access that can occur for various reasons. This goes along with a commensurate reduction in speed.

First, sync your iPhone or iPod touch to iTunes to backup your user information, Contacts, Calendar, and other data. My (unlocked) iPhone running version 2.1 can't find any Wi-fi network. I have two wireless access points and my iPhone 3G can find and connect to them without any problems.

Check the manufacturer's website for your Wi-Fi router for firmware or software updates. Many of these problems are not due to the iPhone, but rather that the phone has entered an open Wireless hotspot that requires the user to open Mobile Safari to a new browser Window and accept the WiFi usage agreement on the portal webpage.

If you are using multiple WEP keys on your Wi-Fi router, try configuring your Wi-Fi router to use only a single WEP key. Since the iPhone automatically switches to WiFi when an open network is available, it disallows EDGE access when a wireless network is available.

Disable wireless encryption or security on the Wi-Fi router to rule out encryption issues. If this resolves the issue, try using a different encryption or security protocol. The solution and fix for this problem was simply to do a soft reset by holding down the top power button and the home button until it restarted, at which point the wifi was working again.