Thread: How to unlock Nokia N95 cellphone

How to unlock Nokia N95 cellphone

I had been using Nokia N95 handset along with Vodafone service on it. Now the problem is that my Nokia N95 handset is been locked in to Vodafone and i would like to to make my phone sim free? Can anybody tell me that how do i unlock my Nokia N95 handset? Any one knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially if I can do so for free? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to unlock Nokia N95 cellphone

For that you need to download software to generate the unlocking code. Software is available on some websites for free and some pay websites that also offer support if things go wrong. It's based on S60 software operating on the Symbian OS, enabling you to personalize the N95 by choosing from a wide choice of compatible applications that can be downloaded.

The N95 belongs to a generation of mobile phones called BB5 (Baseband 5), that followed on from earlier DCT4 and DCT3 families. This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider and it provides tri-band connectivity (850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz). The DCT families can be unlocked using a code generator if you know your IMEI and the network the phone is locked to. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider.

Although unlocking your phone is legal, some cell phone operators might choose to void your warranty should you unlock your phone (then again, some cell phone operators won’t mind). Please ensure that if you intend to use a 3G compatible SIM card in your handset, that your handset is also 3G compatible and able to accept such a SIM card. This can be done by either removing the back of your cell phone and looking underneath the battery, or simply by typing in *#06# into your cell phone. It should be something like: 010082321439976/07951780736. Attempting to unlock your phone is done at your own risk.

Any OFFICIAL Nokia service centers will have to check this database prior to a repair in order to get Nokia to pay them for it. Currently, the only way to unlock the N95 is to request the unlock code from the network the phone is locked to. There are no 3rd party unlocking tools available for the N95 (or for other N series phones). If the phone has invalid or no recorded warranty the repair center CANNOT get payment from Nokia and are therefore unlikely to conduct the repair for you unless you pay for it .

The best way to unlock your phone is to contact your service provider and ask for the unlock code. If you put a wrong code in, I think, three times you cannot unlock the phone with the correct code - it will need to be done by a service center in conjunction with your operator. You can avoid these hassles by either buying out your contract should you have one, or buying the phone outright either from the provider or from the manufacturer (Nokia). Once your contract is full-filled, most providers will gladly provide the code to you as you now own the phone free.