Thread: Nokia 5130gives "Format Not Supported" error message

Nokia 5130gives "Format Not Supported" error message

Hello friends,
    I am new to this forum. I recently bought a cool new Nokia 5130 mobile phone. Whenever I tried to install anything on mobile it gives "Format Not Supported" error message. I don't know why Nokia 5130 gives "Format Not Supported" error message. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Last edited by KAILEY; 25-01-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Re: Nokia 5130gives "Format Not Supported" error message

It seems that you are tried to install files that are not supported by your mobile phone and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Such as if you are tried to install file with SIS format then you may likely get such type of problem. In this case you have to install only those files which are supported by your mobile phone. As per my knowledge your mobile support only jar file. Try to install any application which are of JAR format. This time you will not get any problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software. It may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile to fix this problem. You can do this using Nokia PC suite. Just connect your mobile to computer using Nokia PC suite and look out for new updates. If new updates available then download and install it in your mobile phone.

Have you restart your mobile before installing any application in your mobile? If not then first try to restart your mobile. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to fix this problem by performing Restart process. Just turn off your mobile for few minutes and then again restart it. Now you will not get any problem.

You have to reset your mobile to fix this problem. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to fix this problem by performing reset process. If you don't know how to perform reset process then use following steps.
    First go to main menu -> now go to setting option -> now go to Phone reset option-> now wait for few seconds until this process complete -> after this you will not get any problem.