Thread: Nokia N95 camera flash doesn't work

Nokia N95 camera flash doesn't work

Just few days back i had bought a used Nokia n95 mobile phone. Recently i had upgraded firmware on my Nokia n95 phone. After upgrading the latest firmware on my Nokia n95 phone, it flash doesn't work when i try to use my Nokia n95 phone camera. Everything looks good on the phone except the flash which doesn't seems to be working when i try to use the camera. So, can any body tell me that why Nokia n95 camera flash doesn't work? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Nokia N95 camera flash doesn't work

I suspect something on your memory card is stopping the camera app from starting, i had a similar problem with the old search application. It's an LED. Should last for a LONG time. There are tons of LED flashlights on the market, battery life is significantly better than conventional flashlights with comparable output.

If their were issues before on the software before unlocking, the screwing around of the security area could've just knocked it out slightly. Camera interface, description of functions, sample pictures, comparison to a digital camera, and sample VGA videos. Try flashing it before replacing, and, if that doesn't work, then just get a camera, cos that will be a shed load cheaper than replacing phone! Or, even better, jsut reheat board for 20-30 seconds round by camera connector and ic's, could just need a reflow.

The problem is not because of the unlocking or during unlocking , this problem must be the hardware. Back up all your data (the following operation will WIPE your phone's central memory) either using PC Suite or the built-in backup to a memory card. The N95 lacks support for U.S. 3G networks, standby battery life is poor, and performance is somewhat sluggish. It doesn't sound like a user-level problem. However, you can try a phone reset to see if it re-establishes things. The hardware feels a bit cheap, and the sliding mechanism could be more secure. It's also very expensive.

It Should Be Hardware Fault , So Go to Nokia Hardware Section and try to Find out the solution. The firmware update does a full factory format, so that's no use. You could try the barcode reader and see if that brings the camera into life. Menu --> Office. Open the lens cover.

Take it to Nokia care point center to repair your camera flash or change it with new one. Maybe the problem now is really solved. Is a software bug, but is a bug of Nokia. Very common in N95, N82 and N70 and others Symbian Plattaform phones.