Thread: Nokia N73 Music Manager issue

Nokia N73 Music Manager issue

It was my 25th birthday last week and my papa had presented me a new Nokia N73 cellphone as my birthday gift. Its seems to be a awesome cellphone and it looks very attractive too. As i was trying to put some music (MP3 files on the PC) on my 2Gb mini SD card with the Nokia Music Manager, I found that Music Manager given in PC suite is not functioning. However, when I select music and try to convert/transfer these to my N73, the Music Manager application does not seem to do anything anymore. Can any one tell me that how to get rid of such Nokia N73 Music Manager issue? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks

Re: Nokia N73 Music Manager issue

Do you have the correct version of PC Suite. You should have version 6.83 for the N73. I recommend to disable Nokia Music from the auto startup program list. It best to copy and paste music files from my PC to phone via mass storage/data transfer mode.

Are u guys using the Latest version PC Suite ? Just have the normal 44MB space for music, which means about 4 songs if they're unconverted. I tried restarting pc, uninstalling then reinstalling pc suite, update phone software, update Windows xp, shut down virus program/firewall etc. Anyway, my phone is recognized by Nokia Music if I run the application as administrator and shows all the music that is on my phone.

Make sure that you guys download pc suite versions prior to Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.8. You can also transfer files (including music) direclty to you phone with PC suite by drag and drop, although bear in mind that this will not transfer licenses for DRM protected music. As this latest pc suite will not have nokia music manager along with the suite, which will be replaced by nokia music.

Make sure all the songs you transfer to you phone are in any of the format MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+ or WMA. I am afraid Nokia Music's compatibility with Nokia Music, so kindly don't install the 7.1.30.8 if you are looking for Nokia Music Manager.

You need to change the connection type which breaks your online connection if you are using one and even than it won't work. I hope this solves your problem, if it doesn't, then i would recommend you to take your cell phone to the near by Nokia service center.