Thread: Email not syncing between Blackberry & Outlook

Email not syncing between Blackberry & Outlook

I have got a pop3 email account setup on a Blackberry using BIS. The Blackberry is usually synced daily using the defaults in desktop manager. Outlook is setup to leave mail on the server for 10 days before deleting it. Now the problem is that both the Blackberry & Outlook receive mail, but when mail is deleted from the Blackberry it isn't deleted from Outlook & vice versa. So, can any one tell me that why doesn't my email not syncing between Blackberry & Outlook? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Email not syncing between Blackberry & Outlook

If you're using the BIS 2.0, email reconciliation is only one-way, between the BB and the mail server. Go to settings and setup with your system administrator to do an enterprise activation. So changes from the mail server will not update the BB.

Make sure the wireless sync option is enable on the BB, I had the same issue go to calendar and hit the options menu. For the email that may be a setting on the blackberry. When in email on the phone, hit the menu then go to options. There is a setting there that says "delete on phone and inbox" along those lines.

Nothing works, what are the specifics on the .dll issues? All this worked fine when BES was installed on our Exchange server. Yes you can select delete from "handheld & mailbox", but that's going to delete it from the pop3 server right, not from the Outlook account? Had to move BES to another box (XP) and now, no calendar.

My solution to this problem was to leave the BB as my main mail retrieval device. The emails not getting deleted from one of the BlackBerry phones I can reproduce on another. If I sort my emails by sender in Outlook 2007 and then delete the group in Outlook, none of the emails deleted in Outllook will be deleted on the BlackBerry. If there was something I wanted to keep long term, I powered up Outlook and got it. This puts it into Outlook and then I can delete it from my BB. Outlook was set to delete the email from my account immediately (although IIRC, I still had to delete from my BB).

First, make sure the user has Wireless Synchronization turned on, on the blackberry Inbox/Options/Email Reconciliation/Wireless Synchronization. You probably want to switch to using imap on the desktop and setup BIS on the handheld so you only sync email wirelessly via imap. Then when you delete it deletes from the server and outlook has a local copy that's updated as well when it updates next. Make sure he does not have Cached Exchange Mode turned on, on his Outlook client (somewhere in Mail settings)