Thread: Cannot install New update on Ipod

Cannot install New update on Ipod

Hello friends,

I had recently bought new ipod touch and i am facing some issue with it, whenever i am trying to installing new update on my PC or on Ipod touch it's not getting installed. When i connect to iTunes and click on download all the time it says that it will take half hour but when i checked it out after sometime nothing was being downloaded. Can anyone tell me where is download and install button or direct me how do i get the update

In that case i would suggest you to manually download update you ipod and have a check for the same and at the same time i would suggest you to uninstall Firewall and have a check that all your security software is being disable because it might happen thatthis would be creating some problem.

New update not installing onto Ipod

Thanks for your reply Clark i had try to install it manually also but that also didn't helped me a lot and uninstalling firewall doesn't helped me, does anyone facing such kind of issue or tell me what should i do in such kind of case, i don't know what to do ?

I am also facing similar type of issue with my Ipod it's not getting recognize and i am not able to download the updated software, whenever i am trying to do so i am getting an message which says that iPod detected in recovery mode which then requires me to do an updated software. When i am running this, it appeared to complete the download, but the iPod remained with the "connection" screen.

I was also facing same issue when so i thought of calling apple team when i told them about the issue they told me to temporarily disabling my anti virus software and firewall and at the same time they also informed me that updating software takes very long time it might happen that anti virus software would be causing some problem, after that i was being advised to setup a new account and afterwards i was able to start my iTunes, Touch then went into software upload "mode" and eventually completed and appeared in the devices.