Thread: Reset iPhone AutoCorrect

Reset iPhone AutoCorrect

Hello. I wanted to know , how would be possible to reset the automatic correction because I refused to correct some words, and therefore it does offers more corrections which i don't require.

Thank you

Re: Reset iPhone AutoCorrect

Well I have played enough with the iPhone's Auto-correct feature and never felt need to turn it off , but if you wanna disable it then why don't you try by turning iphone off and than restart again , Have you already tried rebooting your iphone? this may turn off the auto correction, i'm not turn on iphone now, but i think it should work, try and reply back if its work. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Capper View Post
    Well I have played enough with the iPhone's Auto-correct feature and never felt need to turn it off , but if you wanna disable it then why don't you try by turning iphone off and than restart again , Have you already tried rebooting your iphone? this may turn off the auto correction, i'm not turn on iphone now, but i think it should work, try and reply back if its work. good luck
    No i can't reboot my iphone, i don't wanna loose everyhting, any other solutions? please reply as soon s possible, but anyways thanks for replying me. I think should be soem settings available to disable it, there must be?

Reset iPhone Keyboard Dictionary

Which version of iphone you are using, in iphone 3.0 i used to follow the following steps:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Keyboard Dictionary

If you are not using 3g then also steps must be same as above, but i'm not so 100% sure it is the same on 2.x.

If you don't require certain words then why don't you remove certain words from iphone dictionary? It's under SETTINGS. And you want to look for "Reset iPhone Keyboard/Dictionary". Only problem with that reset is that you also have to re-train it to allow words which previously blocked.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Disabling Auto Fix feature in settings leads to disabling auto dictionary, here is how:
    it is now possible to disable this feature enabled by default. To do this, go to "Settings" item "General", then at the bottom of the screen, click "Keyboard". Disable the setting "Auto Fix." by sliding the switch to 0.