Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to transfer music from Ipod to Mac system?

Portable Devices

Old 21-01-2010

How to transfer music from Ipod to Mac system?

Hello friends, I have a 8gb Ipod Nano which has got damaged. I was syncing the Ipod to my desktop Mac which used to run on Mac OS X 10.5 but now I dont have the same computer to sync. Instead I have a Macbook Pro which is running on OS X snow leopard. But as now the Ipod is damaged, I want to transfer the music on it to the Macbook. Therefore I want to know How to transfer music from Ipod to Mac system? If anybody knows how to go about it then please let me know.

Old 21-01-2010

Re: How to transfer music from Ipod to Mac system?

No there is no way in which the Music from the Ipod can be transferred back to the computer. Apple created Ipod to reduce the rate of music piracy. Hence whenever a song is synchronized with the computer, it gets encrypted while getting stored in the Ipod. This encryption prevents the songs to be transferred from the Ipod to some other computer. As you want to sync the Ipod with other computer, it is not possible.
Old 21-01-2010

It is possible to transfer the music from the Ipod to the computer again, but it requires some hardwork. First you will have to install the same version of the Itunes which you were using on the desktop computer to sync the Ipod on the Macbook. Once the same version of the Itunes is installed on the Macbook, activate the Itunes with same account which you were using on the desktop computer. Once the Itunes is activated with the same account. Connect the Itunes to the Macbook. Now all the songs which are present on the Ipod will be populated in the ltunes library. Once the library is populated, save the library and then disconnect the Ipod.
Old 21-01-2010

I would suggest you to take the Ipod to the Apple service center and see what they can do about it. Once My Ipod got fried due to faulty charger and the Ipod was not displaying anything but an apple logo and it kept on restarting. I took the Ipod to the Apple gallery and got it checked. I asked them if it is possible to save the songs and the videos on the Ipod and they said they will take the backup if they are able to. I got the Ipod replaced with all the songs and videos backed up on an external drive. Take your Ipod to apple gallery and try to get the backup of the data from the Ipod.
Old 21-01-2010

There are certain applications available for transferring data and music from the Ipod back to the computer. As the music of the Ipod is encoded, it cannot be copied directly from the Ipod to the computer. Hence it requires special applications which decode the songs and the data on the Ipod and then transfer it on the computer. One such software which enables you to transfer the songs from the Ipod back to computer is "Iphone to iMac transfer". This is a paid software which when installed helps in transferring the music from Ipod to iMac.
Old 21-01-2010

It is easy to transfer the music from Ipod to computer if you are using a Windows operating system. In windows operating system the Ipod can be used as External data storage device. Once the Ipod is detected as the external data storage device, Check all the hidden files, now in the Itunes_control folder, find Itunes music folder and then copy all the contents of the folder. Once all the contents of the folder are copied, open itunes and then add the folder which contains the files from the Itunes music folder.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,