Thread: Can i install new operating system in IPOD TOUCH

Can i install new operating system in IPOD TOUCH

I am having the iPod Touch music and the Media player. As the World knows this is the product of the Apple. I want to install the new operating system in this iPod Touch. Can i install new OS in IPOD TOUCH? If yes then, how can i install it. Provide me the details about this. I am having the 16GB version of the iPod touch which is currently available in the market. I have purchased this iPod touch 5 months back. So, Provide me the required information properly.

Re: Can i install new operating system in IPOD TOUCH

I dont think there is any other operating system available that you can install in the iPod touch. I have never heard and seen the other operating systems in the Apple iPod Touch other than the operating system which comes preloaded with the Apple iPod Touch. However you can change the operating system of the Normal iPods. The iPodLinux is the name of the operating system that you can install in the Normal Ipods. You can install this OS in the first, second, and third generation iPods.

I am not getting your query properly. Do you want to install the totally different OS from the Apple iPod's OS which comes preloaded with it. I mean to say that you want to install the OS based of the Different platform like Java and linux like or you simply want to install the new version of the operating system which is present in the Apple iPod. I am sorry to say this you cannot install the OS based on the different platform in the Apple iPod.

OK, I am sorry to ask my issue in the wrong way friend. I really apologies for this to you. I don't want to install the operating system different from the Apple iPod's operating system. I want to install the new version of the Operating system which the Apple provides. I want to know that how can i install the new version of the Operating system present in the Apple iPod Touch. Because one of my friend said me you can do this. But i don't know how to do this.

You can update the new version of the operating system of the Apple iPod Touch very easily. The New OS versions of the Operating systems are called the Firmware update. You can find the latest firmwares available for all the Apple products on the website of the Apple very easily. You can update the firmware of the Apple Ipod in two ways. First is via computer by connecting the iPod using USB Cable. Second is using the Wi-Fi , if you are having the Wireless network at your place.

The latest firmware Update is available of the Apple iPod Touch. This is the 3.1 iPod touch Software Update for the Apple iPod Touch. You will need the Apple iTunes 8.2 software or higher version of this software installed in your computer system.Now connect your iPod touch using the USB or the Bluetooth if your desktop or the laptop is bluetooth enabled. After connecting the device to the computer start the iTunes software and select the "check for update" from the main screen. In Windows environment, press and hold Shift key and left click Update. First download the Update version to the computer hard drive. After selecting the Update option from the iTunes software locate the downloaded update file. Now the computer will start and install the new OS version in the iPod Touch.