Thread: Dell laptop 1545 Wireless Issues

Dell laptop 1545 Wireless Issues

Hello friends, I have just bought a new Dell 1545 Laptop which is installed with Windows 7 on it. I have a Internet connection which is connected to my desktop computer. The internet connection is provided to the desktop computer through a router which has Wireless capability. The Problem I am facing is I am not able to connect to internet using Wireless on Dell 1545 laptop.
    I suppose that there is some problem with Wireless connectivity in Dell 1545 laptop. As I am not well versed in using computers I need help in solving this issue. Please help.

Re: Dell laptop 1545 Wireless Issues

Is the Wireless capability of the Router enabled? If the wireless router is used as a wired router, then the wireless capability of the router has to be turned on. First check if the WLAN LED of the router blinking or not. If the LED is not blinking, then the Wireless of the router is disabled and needs to be enabled. To enable the Wireless capability of the router, Login to the router by putting the Default IP address of the router in the address bar of the browser. Now it will ask for username and password. Fill in appropriate details and then ge to configuration. Now turn on the Wireless capability of the router and select the authentication type and SSID. Once settings are done, save them and reboot the router.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would suggest you to check if the drivers of the wireless adapter is working properly on laptop. For any device which is connected to the computer, it is necessary that the proper drivers are installed on the system. If the proper drivers are not installed for the device, then the device wont work properly. To check if the drivers are working properly or not. Right click on My computer and then select manage. Now select Device manager and then see if there are caution or question mark signs near the sound device. If there are caution sign then follow the troublehooting procedure. Update the drivers if required.

The Problem can be because of the faulty Network Interface Card. If the NIC is faulty, then the computer will not be able to connect to Internet using Wired or wireless connection. Try to connect the laptop to the router using wire. Get a CAT5 ethernet cable and then connect the laptop to the router using it. Configure the IP address of the laptop and the DNS. You can contact the ISP and get an extra IP for the laptop. If they dont provide you with an extra IP then remove the Desktop computer from the network and then configure the same settings as on the desktop onto your laptop. Once the settings are configured, you will be able to browse internet on the laptop without any problems.

You can check if the Network card is faulty or not by pinging self test port of the NIC. Every network card comes with built in software interface configured which can be used for diagnosis. 127.0.0.0 is the default software test port for most of the network card. To ping the self test port, click on the start menu and select run. Now in the run tab enter "Ping 127.0.0.0" and hit enter. Now the command prompt window will open and will show the data packets sent and received by the NIC. If there are errors in the data packets sent and received then the NIC is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Windows 7 does not provide support for many of the manufacturers of the Network card and hence the drivers are not available. Search for drivers for the network adapter which are compatible with the Windows 7 version. Install the proper drivers and you wont face any problems with the Wireless again. If installing the drivers does not help then take your laptop to the Dell service center and get it checked. As the laptop is new, it will be covered under dell warranty. If there is any hardware problem in your laptop then it will be replaced for free.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's