Thread: Unable to connect PSP to the Computer

Unable to connect PSP to the Computer

I am using the DELL Studio 15 laptop( Intel Core2 Duo Processor, 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 4GB DDR3, 256GB HDD and Windows XP as operating system) and using PSP also. Actually when i try to connect my PSP to the laptop, it does not work. My laptop always gives alert that this device is malfunctioning. I don't what is the problem with this, why alert is coming? Please help me.

Re: Unable to connect PSP to the Computer

Actually i don't what does the PSP means? But one thing i would tell that the message shown by your laptop gives me clue that the device which you are trying to connect requires the drivers to support. So, you first install the drivers of the device( i.e PSP) on to your laptop and then try to connect it, hope it will detect the device properly.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

According to me, there something wrong with the Laptop and not with the USB port or PSP. Mostly this problem comes because your laptop does not support new/newer devices or maybe your laptop does not have the drivers which will allow PSP to work successfully. You need to install the drivers immediately to connect/detect the PSP on your laptop. Another reason can be that the Memory Stick in your PSP is been corrupted. So, try to format the memory card. Because if you did not format, then maybe some devices will not recognize it.(See reading the manual does pay off sometimes). If this all does not work, then you have to call to the PSP manufacturer, get the solution of it.
    Last edited by Simond; 19-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.

You need to follow some steps to overcome this problem. Firstly on your Windows XP, double click on the My Computer--when My Computer is open--do enable the USB Mode on the PSP--Connect the USB cable to the Windows XP and your PSP--On the Windows XP look for the 'Removable Disc'. Now check, if your laptop have detected the psp or not and if not then think so drivers of the PSP is not installed. So, download and install the drives of PSP.