Thread: Problem with Epson Stylus CX4600 printer

Problem with Epson Stylus CX4600 printer

I am using the Dell Studio One 19 desktop computer with configuration Intel Core 2 Duo (E7500), Integrated graphics with Blu-Ray Disc, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 256GB HDD and Windows XP as operating system. I use this computer mostly for my business purpose . I am also using Epson Stylus CX4600 printer and from last few days a problem is been coming while using it. When I try to print anything, the paper goes through and comes out blank. Don't what will be reason behind this, please help me out to solve this problem.

Re: Problem with Epson Stylus CX4600 printer

I would first tell you the print the test page that came with Epson printer and check weather the print is coming properly or not. If not, then i think there is something wrong with the printer, so would suggest you to contact to the Epson printer tech support, because they will give you the exact solution for it. Also try the new cartridge, maybe your old cartridge is been damage. Hope your problem will be solved soon.
    Last edited by Bon-Z; 18-01-2010 at 09:27 AM.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am also having too much trouble with this printer(i.e Epson Stylus CX4600). My personal experience says that this printer drinks the ink like anything. The 50-52% of the black ink and 100% of the color ink were wasted for head cleaning only. And this same problem of not printing comes many times. I have used it for 7months and recently i replaced it by hp printer and very happy with new printer. So, my suggestion would be to buy new printer, if you can for betterment.

I think there are many of possible problems and solution available for you r question. Actually information provided by is not enough to give exact solution. And many of the problems people are having is caused by something they did, or did not do and are not the printers fault always. The possible cause of your problem can be faulty or corrupted drivers, or printer not used for long time due to which ink may be dried or failing printer cable or bad power supply. Check all this possible case, and hope your problem will be solved.

I would suggest you to use or run the Head Cleaning utility to clear any clogged ink nozzles. And if you don't know how to run the Head Cleaning Utility, then follow the step given below:
    -> Unsure that your printer is ON and check that the error light is also off.
    -> Now use/open the printer software.
    -> Click on the Utility tab, and after that click on the Head Cleaning button.
    -> Follow the on-screen instructions
    -> As soon as the power light stops flashing, click Print nozzle and check pattern in the Head Cleaning dialog box to be sure that the head is clean and to reset the cleaning cycle.
    If this could not solve your problem then contact to the technical support team of Epson. Hope your problem will be fix.

According to me, if you have changed the ink cartridges and you are NOT changing the print head, then the print head is in the carrier. And if this print head have became clogged or worn then normally it requires to be replaced/changed. But bad thing is that it is cheaper to buy a new printer, rather then buying new print head. If the print head is proper, then there can be many reasons and solution to solve your problem. Maybe drivers or software or power supply or connecting cable fault. Check all this possibility. Hope your problem will be solved.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 18-01-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"