Thread: Need drivers of Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop

Need drivers of Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop

I am having the Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop and i am using it from last two years. This laptop is currently having the Windows XP operating system. Now i want to upgrade the operating system of this laptop to the Windows 7. I am not having the drivers software of this laptop for the Windows 7 operating system. So i want the drivers of Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop for Windows 7 Operating system. Where can i find them?

Re: Need drivers of Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop

You are currently having the Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop which has the Windows XP operating system but now you want to upgrade the operating system of this laptop to the Windows 7 operating system. I think you should not upgrade the operating system of this laptop to windows 7 because you will have to face the lot of problems in upgrading the operating system of this laptop to windows 7. Because there is very less chance to get the drivers for Windows 7 operating system of the older laptops.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Before upgrading to the Windows 7 operating system i think first of all you should check that this laptop can be upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system or not. For this purpose the Microsoft is providing the software which will determine that you can upgrade or not to Windows 7 operating system. The software name is Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. You can download this software from the website of the Microsoft free of cost. Run this wizard and if the result is positive then you can install the Windows 7 OS in your laptop without any problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can upgrade the operating system of your laptop to the Windows 7 from the Windows XP operating system without any problem. You can do this if your laptop is having the required hardware configuration for upgrading to the Windows 7 operating system. You can check this requirements from the website of the Microsoft.
    The hardware requirements for the Windows 7 Home Basic operating system.
    1. 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    2. 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    3. 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    4. DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

You want the drivers software of the Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop for the windows XP operating system. As you are upgrading the operating system of this laptop to the Windows 7 operating system. you can get the Drivers software of this laptop only on the official website of the Lenovo. Go to the website of the Lenovo, search the windows 7 drivers for this laptop. Download and install them. But i think you will not get drivers for this laptop because this is little bit older laptop.

If you are not able to find the drivers of Windows 7 operating system for this Lenovo ThinkPad R51 1836 laptop from the Lenovo website or from any other source then you are having only one option left for installing the Windows 7 drivers in the this laptop. Open the Device manager and select the hardware devices, right click on them and select update driver. Do the same for the every hardware device of this laptop.