Thread: SD card stuck in laptop

SD card stuck in laptop

Hello,

What would happened ...I inserted my SD card into the card reader of my laptop without looking. I don't know somehow its stuck now, i can't pull it back. Please give ideas what should i do with it.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Re: SD card stuck in laptop

Which laptop you are talking about, post the name of yuor laptop. You are using external card reader or memory reader of your laptop? If its under warranty then go to the dealer and explain him problem!

I had the same issue, i read some online suggestions and finally got the best solution, that is first cut a piece of duct tape that is about half the width of the slot and a couple of inches long , use a small flat head screwdriver and depress the card down, so that a small gap is created above the card , take a second small flat head screwdriver and force the tape into the gap above the card - adhesive side towards card , continue to work the tape into the gap so that it covers as much of the card as possible , remove the screwdrivers and gently pull on the tape until the card is removed!

Try by turning it up side and then down and shake it out? I'm assuming you mean Memory Stick duo - as the normal memory stick would still be sticking out the side?

The sd card should not have fixed all the way into the slot, a portion of it should be sticking out, if it isn't then you put it into the wrong slot and you are in trouble. I would take it to a local repair shop unless you feel comfortable performing surgery.

mini SD card or micro SD card ? How about a really thin bit of plastic with some blu-tak squished super flat on it to give it some traction? See if you can slide it in and hook the edge. Make sure your laptop is off first!